UNEXPECTED FACTORS THAT MAY CAUSE HAIR LOSS
It’s completely normal that we lose hair when we wash it or brush, even at a rate of 50 to 100 hairs per day. However when hair loss exceeds that limit and the fall becomes noticeable, we need to recognise that there is a problem which has to be addressed.
Excessive hair loss, which gradually decreases the volume of the hair, is often attributed to well-known factors that can be hereditary or related to hormonal changes. However, there are other unexpected or less-known factors that can cause the onset and continuation of hair fall.
3 hair loss causes that you may not be aware of:
Hair loss can be attributed to a number of causes that may go unnoticed, and that may include a simple error or failing on the part of the person. Here are some factors that can cause or contribute to your hair fall:
1. Emotional traumas: Don’t underestimate the impact of unfortunate or sad events. High levels of stress and anxiety may linger and contribute to hair loss even months after the onset of a physical or emotional trauma.
2. Malnutrition: Your diet and nutritional intake affects your overall physical health, including the health of your hair. Deficiency in the minerals, vitamins and proteins necessary for healthy hair growth can be a primary cause of hair loss.
3. Dandruff: In addition to being irritating, unsightly and even embarrassing, dandruff is a factor in hair loss. Dandruff flakes can stress your hair roots and damage the scalp, which leads to loss of hair. It can also hinder the growth of new hair. Studies show that 80 per cent of those who suffer from dandruff also suffer from hair fall.
How to treat dandruff and prevent accompanying hair loss?
1. Know what shampoo to use: You can’t choose your shampoo randomly, especially when you suffer from dandruff and the accompanying hair loss. Your purpose from choosing a shampoo is not merely hygienic, but to treat the dandruff problem at its roots. You will need a shampoo that contains an anti-dandruff formula, such as the one used by Head & Shoulders’, which helps cleanse, moisturise and protect both your hair and scalp. Regular use of Head & Shoulders will ensure making it stronger and free from dandruff.
2. Always moisturise your hair and scalp: It’s important to keep your scalp hydrated after washing your hair with shampoo, and you will need as well to massage your scalp gently but thoroughly with your fingertips to loosen and remove dandruff scales. You will also need to use a conditioner that suits your hair from the Head & Shoulders range of products to keep your hair soft and beautiful from roots to tips.
3. Watch what kind of hair products you use: When you start suffering from dandruff and hair fall, stop using whatever product that may have caused irritation to your scalp as some product ingredients aggravate the hair fall due to their ingredients such as perfumes or other harmful chemicals..
Finally, keep in mind that your lifestyle, your regimen, and the way you care for your hair, play an important role in treating any problem with your hair, and restoring its density and vitality. So, our advice is to follow a healthy diet and a suitable hair-care routine, including regular wash with shampoo. When you heed this advice it will put you way ahead on the hair care path, ensuring that no dandruff flakes are built up while keeping a clean and healthy hair. The best way to achieve this is by using Head & Shoulders shampoo, which is specifically formulated with Piroctone Olamine to eliminate and prevent dandruff and reduce hair loss caused by dandruff.
Lose the dandruff before you lose your hair! Use Head & Shoulders.